The Parish Council

Via across the fields in winter

As the Council of a very small Parish, with a very small budget, we are fortunate that the key local services are provided for us either by South Downs National Park Authority (responsible for planning matters), Arun District Council (responsible for waste collection) or by West Sussex County Council (responsible for our highways and our subsidised bus services) or by agents directed, and funded, by these bodies.

Please follow the links above to the Arun and West Sussex sites to find out more about the services they provide.

The Council does, from time to time, consider whether to provide services itself. While this would give a degree of local control, it would also require local management and manpower, and local funding, levied as Council Tax on local households through the Precept. There are at present no plans to go down this route.